Friday, January 14, 2022

Jolete Le Verre Cuvee

 Joleté - Old French for “Happy Gathering”

 

I have to admit there is a little history here with me and this winemaker.  I sold Tom Mortimer’s wine while I worked in Memphis Tennessee.  Tom is a mild mannered man who talent with wine vineyards is very good.  He found his place in Oregon and I was blessed to find him.  When we first met he only had the Le Cadeau brand which was an all pinot line.  All very good and all moderately priced.in that $35-$50 retail in Memphis.  I retired and moved here and drank my last Le Cadeau wine.  History lesson over let taste this new wine. 

The central theme in all Joleté wines is “QPR”(Quality, Price, Ratio).   Quite simply, with Joleté we offer handcrafted, varietally correct, small production wines that typically perform at a level well above their price point. It is a simple but challenging goal.

 The 2019 Joleté Le Verre Cuvee, meaning “The Glass” is a beautiful glass of Oregon Pinot Noir.  Enticing aromas of spiced raspberry and sweet tobacco lead to a medium-bodied palate with subtle notes of black cherry and ripe Oregon Hood strawberries. An underlying hint of orange peel brings a crisp drive of acidity to the finish. 421 cases produced.

This is a definite buy.  The wine is a pleasure to drink and goes not only with the cheese I was eating while tasting, but also with the horseradish encrusted grouper we had for dinner.  Highly recommend $25.99

All wines reviewed purchased at Two Old Hags unless otherwise stated

No comments:

Post a Comment